The Spray Process
Pre & Post Spray Tan Recomendations
Prior to your appointment:
- Shower, Shave, & Exfoliate before your spray tan appointment.
- When exfoliating your skin, use an exfoliant specifically designed to prepare your skin for the sunless application. This will ensure that all oils and dead skin cells are removed from the body and enhances the spray tan results.
- Do Not use body wash that has a lot of fragrance; it will act like a barrier and not allow the spray tan to adhere to the body evenly. Also do not use any exfoliator with any oils in it as this will cause the spray tan to drip off your skin due to excessive oils on your skin.
- Make sure all signs of DHA are completely removed from your skin if you have spray tanned before or used a self-tanner.
- Do not put on any deodorant, make-up, oils, body spray, or perfume on your skin the day of your spray tan. If you do have any deodorant or make up on be sure to remove it prior to your appointment.
- If your skin is dry, use a moisturizing lotion so the solution will adhere to your skin more evenly (avoid lotion with perfumes or fragrance). Examples of good lotions to use before your spray tan: Jergens, Eucerin, Suave, etc..
- If you need to get a pedicure or manicure make sure you do so atleast one day before your spray tan.
- If you wax make sure you do it a minimum of 48 hours before your spray tan.
During your appointment:
- Wear what you feel comfortable in. If you choose to wear a bra and/or underwear make sure they are dark-colored. You can tan nude as well.
- Make sure all hair is away from face and up off your neck. We do provide hair nets and sticky feet and disposable G-strings during spray tanning session.
- Ask your spray tan technician for a PH balancing spray to remove any oils or dirt on your skin.
- Do not touch your skin after the spray tan and follow all directions from the spray tan technician.
- Ask me about ways you can pro-long your tan with our after care products.